Works wanted for “The 4th Kutani Coloring Contest”! (Deadline October, 11 2019)
Color a Kutani design in your favorite style and colors!
Works wanted for “The 4th Kutani Coloring Contest”. This year it is conducted for the 4th time.
This contest offers a traditional art of Kutani ceramics design turned into a fun coloring sheet enjoyable for anybody from young to old. The contest’s charm is in the fact that one can touch on the beauty of Kutani design but at the same time create one’s original work of art.
This year’s assignment is a picture taken from a bowl created by Takegoshi Taizan I entitled “Taiko stone and peonies”. Taiko (Chinese “Taihu”) is a name of a lake in Suzhou province of China. Stones and cliffs in the vicinity of the lake are famous for quaint shapes formed for centuries by erosion and water. These stones are highly valued in gardening, their curves considered to be fitting well with natural curves of branches of trees and bushes. Peonies are considered to be kings of flowers.
Please try your own ideas and colors on this design with butterflies and peonies!
Coloring sheets are available for downloading from Nomi City Homepage. You can also get a paper copy at Nomi city Tourism and Exchanges Division, and at Nomi city Kutani Ceramics Museum.
About “The 4th Kutani Coloring Contest”
“Taiko stone and peonies” bowl by Takegoshi Taizan I
Friday October, 11 2019
Note: accepting mailed works with a postage stamp of the date
Grand prize 1 work／Diploma, Gifts prize (special panels, Kutani ceramics, pair ticket for stay at Tatsunokuchi hotspring)
Category prizes 5 works ／Diploma, Gifts prize (Kutan ceramics)
【By paper mail】 Nomi city Industry and Exchanges Department, Tourism and Exchanges Division （Ta 35, Terai machi, Nomi city, Ishikawa prefecture, 923-1198）
Note: Please attach a cardboard sheet or something to prevent your work from crumpling when putting it into an envelope.
【By E-mail】 mail：
Nomi city Industry and Exchanges Department, Tourism and Exchanges Division （Phone: 0761-58-2211）
- Please color in any way: with color pencils, crayons, paint, parkers or by computer software.
- Any participant can present several works.
- All presented works should be signed with name and age on the front side, all necessary information should also be filled on the back side.
- Winning works will be presented at Nomi city Kutani Ceramics Museum and also at UltraArt homepagea and Facebook, Nomi city homepage and Facebook.
- All copyright of presented works will belong to Nomi city.
- All presented works will be used for the purpose of this contest, and also will be used for PR or other activities of Nomi city.
- For more details, please see UltraArt homepage (in Japanese).
Industry and Exchanges Department, Tourism and Exchanges Division
Phone: 0761-58-2211 FAX: 0761-58-2297