Works wanted for “The 5th Kutani Coloring Contest”! (Deadline October, 16 2020)
Color a Kutani design in your favorite style and colors!
Artwork wanted for “Kutani Coloring Contest” that is conducted for the 5th time this year.
For this contest, the traditional art of Kutani ceramics design is turned into a fun coloring sheet, enjoyable for anybody from young to old. The contest’s charm is in the fact that one can touch on the beauty of Kutani design, but at the same time create one’s original work of art.
This year’s assignment is “Wide bowl with birds playing on turnip” made at Matsuyama kiln. This piece is a good example of so-called Aote coloring style that utileses a lot of bluish green color. Please try your own ideas and colors on this design!
Coloring sheets are available for downloading from Nomi City website. You can also get a paper copy at Nomi City Tourism and Exchanges Division, and at Nomi city Kutani Ceramics Museum.
About “The 5th Kutani Coloring Contest”
“Wide bowl with birds playing on turnip” made at Matsuyama kiln.
Friday, October 16, 2020
Note: accepting mailed works with a postage stamp of the date
Grand prize 1 work／Diploma, Gifts prize (special panels, Kutani ceramics, pair ticket for stay at Tatsunokuchi hot spring for two)
Category prizes ／Diploma, Gifts prize (Kutani ceramics)
【By paper mail】 Nomi City Industry and Exchanges Department, Tourism and Exchanges Division （Ta 35, Terai machi, Nomi city, Ishikawa prefecture, 923-1198）
Note: Please attach a cardboard sheet or something to prevent your work from crumpling when putting it into an envelope.
【By E-mail】 mail：email@example.com
Nomi City Industry and Exchanges Department, Tourism and Exchanges Division （Phone: 0761-58-2211）
- Please color in any way: with color pencils, crayons, paint, markers or computer software.
- Any participant can submit several works.
- All submitted artwork should be signed with name and age on the front side, all necessary information should also be filled on the back.
- Winning artwork will be presented at Nomi city Kutani Ceramics Museum, UltraArt website and Facebook, and Nomi City website and Facebook.
- All copyright of submitted artwork will belong to Nomi City.
- All submitted artwork will be used for the purpose of this contest, and also will be used for PR or other activities of Nomi City.
- For more details, please see UltraArt website (in Japanese).
Industry and Exchanges Department, Tourism and Exchanges Division
Phone: 0761-58-2211 FAX: 0761-58-2297