【Nomi City Interpretation Support!】
From January 6 2013, Nomi city started providing Interpretation Support. Targeting foreign national residents who are having trouble with Japanese language in their everyday life, interpretation support is provided free of charge. Interpreters will be dispatched by the city for activities such as procedures at the City Hall, school and preschool visits, your child's health check ups, etc. Anyone who lives, works, and studies within the city is eligible for using this support free of charge. Please read the following below on the details of how to reserve and apply.Contact: Lifelong Learning Division (Tel: 0761-58-2272)firstname.lastname@example.org
*Correspondence and phone contact is available in Japanese and English!
About the Interpretation Support
1. Interpretation for various procedures at public institutions such as at City Hall and at service centers
2. Interpretation at Elementary, Junior-High, High scools and preschools for orientations and parent-teacher conferences within the city
3. Interpretation at events and such that civic groups organize within the city
4. Interpretation for other needs that the Superintendent of Education acknowledges
【How to Apply】
1. Fill out the "Nomi City Volunteer for Interpretation Dispatch Application Form (for personal use)" and submit directly to the City Hall Lifelong Learning Division, the Citizen's Window Division, and the Neagari or Terai Window Service Center no later than one week before the request date. Or
2. Send an application form to the Life long Learning Division via E-mail or FAX.
＊Forms are available at the Lifelong Learning Division, the Citizen's Window Division, and the Neagari and Terai Window Service Centers. Electronic form can also be downloaded from the link below.
＊Reservations are required at the latest one week before the request date. Cancellations are required at the latest by 12:00 pm one day before the request date (limited to weekdays), but please notify the Lifelong Learning Division as soon as possible.
＊In emergency cases, phone interpretation is available.
＊Companies and groups requesting for a dispatch of a volunteer interpreter are required to register with th Lifelong Learning Section. Please fill out the "Nomi City Volunteer Interpretation Registration of Usage Application Form" and submit to the Lifelong Learning Division (submission by postal service is accepted).
＊Please note that there may be times where a volunteer interpreter may not be available.
Nomi Board of Education Lifelong Learning Division
Address：〒929-0113 Nu 118, Taisei-machi, Nomi-shi, Ishikawa-ken within the Neagari General Cultural Hall
Nomi city needs volunteer interpreters of different languages to provide the above support. If you are interested in registering as a volunteer interpreter, please see the page below.
Nomi city Board of Education Lifelong Learning Division
Address：Nu 118 banchi, Taisei-machi, Nomi city, Ishikawa prefecture 〒929-0113 at Neagari General Culture Hall